Monday, May 18, 2020

AN AMAZING eTWINNING PROJECT EXPERIENCE





An Amazing eTwinning Project Experience

As an English teacher , I always wanted to be part of an international project and fortunately eTwinning platform has been making it real for a long time for most teachers. Here, I would like to mention about our international eTwinning project- WATER.

Participant countries for the project are, Spain, Italy, Albania, Romania and of course Turkey. The theme of the project is environmental issues like global warming and climate change. I will not give details about the project here of course. The aim here is just to come together again with partner teachers and share our ideas in one platform. Below is my impressions about the project.

If I describe the project in one word it would be “ COLLABORATIVE”.

What I liked the most about the project is to see the enthusiasm and positive change in my students. ( They raced with each other to be more creative 😊) and they become more sensitive to environmental issues)

The most important thing I learnt is the importance of team work. ( You need to act together and communication plays an important role in an international project)

I would like to add a few more things;

1.     Global Citizenship : Thanks to this project, we learned to be global citizens with small steps for example by creating something for Earth Day or World Water Day. We celebrated most of the international awareness days.

2.     Importance of e-safety: for each web 2.0 tool we repeated e-safety rules.

3.     Importance of foreign language, actually importance of learning English😊

T4. Taking care of the environment: My students planted trees,  flowers and they took care of their own flowers in the classroom.

I am really glad to be a part of this awesome team. Thank you Hasan, Ana, Ãœrün, Gloria,Eleonara,Donika,Maria and Francesca. I really would like twork with you again in other projects. 

k    Below I also added some of my students’ tasks related to the project like posters,drawings,videos  and the e-book (which I liked the most :) they worked on it collaboratively on Earth Day. ) I also added my students' essays about climate change on a seperate post. They received Honourable Mention Awards from TSL( Trust For Sustainable Living) which is a global education charity.














Here is the link of my students' e-book:  https://www.storyjumper.com/book/read/81723455/5ea0549a803cc



No comments:

Post a Comment