Wednesday, May 20, 2020

My Student's Essay With International Honourable Mention Award



My name is Meryem Ece and I am eleven years old. I live in a small town in Turkey. Recently, I have seen some articles and I have watched some documentaries about climate change. We are experiencing the worst climate ever experienced in the world. Scientists can not predict what kind of climate it will be later. If we continue to do what we are doing, all living things will be affected but the humans will be the most miserable ones. I tought that if we want to do something ,we must do our best.
         I know, it is too late to change evertything but we can try to change as much as we can. I think that a little change can make big differences. I am in a group of students who have been trying to change something in our school and at our homes. Maybe we won’t make a magic to sweep climate change but everybody (our teachers,friends,parents) tries to help us and improves our plans, I am sure that we will help nature.
         My first plan is to sell something in our school fair and with the money we earn, we will buy saplings. And we will plant them.
         Secondly, we spoke to our principal to put recycle bins into our classes. We brought cardboard boxes into our classrooms so that nobody could find an excuse not to throw them.
          These are all for now, but I am sure that we will do much more things like these. But,as I said before we cannot change the most crucial things without large countries like China and the USA. The earth has mostly damaged by these countries. On 1 April 2016, the United States and China, which together represent almost 40% of global emissions, issued a joint statement confirming that both countries would sign the Paris Climate Agreement.   On June 1, 2017, United States President Donald Trump announced that the U.S. would cease the participation Paris Agreement on climate change mitigation.
         Nobody has the right to damage our world to earn money. You can earn money from different ways but when you damage the earth, maybe you won’t and can’t reform the nature as it was before.
        Don’t be desperate. If we all want to do something, we can do. All we need is support and an international plan.I hope, we will have a healthy and a clean nature.



Meryem Ece Horoz/ Marmaris Profesyonel İlgim Koleji

2 comments:

  1. Such projects are very useful as they increase awareness among students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such projects are very useful as they increase awareness among students.

    ReplyDelete